In 1960 a research study was done to find out the need for an additional church on the east side of Salisbury. As a result of this study, on June 25, 1961, an initial church service was held in the newly acquired parsonage with Rev. Dan Higgins as pastor. Subsequent services were held at Beaver Run School.
- August 5, 1962 was ground breaking for the church building which was completed.
- The first service held on April 7, 1963.
- By 1964 there were 212 members and we shared our ministry with Mt. Hermon Church.
- In 1981 a fellowship hall/education building was erected behind the sanctuary.
- Norma Bailey was our pastor from July 1988 until September 2007.
- In 1991, a second service was added.
- Jan 1997, we had grown to 4 services on the weekends.
- Nov 2001 we completed building a new sanctuary and converting the old sanctuary into a fellowship hall. The old fellowship hall was converted to classrooms and the kitchen was enlarged.
- Jan 2003, we began broadcasting a church service on PAC 14.
- By 2005 we had paid off the mortgage on the new sanctuary.
- July 2008, Bill Green became our new Pastor.
- Feb 2011, Linda Pevey became Pastor of Discipleship and later our Associate Pastor.
- June 2011, celebrated our 50th Anniversary.
- Aug 2013, Tom Blackford became our full time youth pastor.
- July 2016, total membership was 582.